News & Announcements

ACT

On March 1 all the juniors took the ACT. I interviewed Mrs. Cardenas to ask her about some details. I asked her how she thinks the juniors did on the tests, Mrs. Cardenas said she hopes they took their time and answered each question. The students will receive their scores in around 2 weeks. I inquired as to whether or not a student should take the ACT more than once, to which she replied, “I believe a student should take the ACT more than once. I would recommend a student taking the ACT after they complete English II, then taking it again until they reach the score they need/want for college entrance and/or scholarships.” Since I’ve been hearing rumors of how the ACT is scored, I asked her about it. Mrs. Cardenas explained that the correct number of answers are added up and converted from raw scores to scale scores. The composite score is the average of all 4 subsections together. If you take the ACT again, Mrs. Cardenas says you should “buy a study book (if I were self-motivated) or I would attend some local ACT workshops or possibly do both.” I just hope that everyone is happy with his or her scores!!

Staff writer, Lexis Millan

One thought on “News & Announcements

• February 18, 2022 at 1:36 pm
    Permalink

Great article, Rock!! I agree that Mooreville High School is the best in Lee County!

Reply