News & Announcements

Going Back to Her Roots

This year is all about new beginnings and coming back to old roots, like the new senior English and journalism teacher Mrs. Comer. While she might not be a “new teacher” per say, she has moved schools and is making her way to the start of something new. Before we start about her teaching career, we’ll get to know her personally. 

Mrs. Comer attended ICC and Delta state and graduated from Blue Mountain. Before teaching she worked as a waitress at Comer’s; notice anything similar? Many years after this, Mrs. Comer now has a family and co-owns a local business with her husband Terry Comer. Mrs. Comer is married to Terry Comer and has two children, Nate and Lily, along with having two dogs, Lady and Bunky. She now co-owns Comer’s and a comic book store named Brat’s. Her hobbies include singing, crocheting, and traveling. When I asked if she would change careers she said she would cater for weddings. Now let’s get to know her long career of teaching. 

Mrs. Comer started out as a high school teacher but changed to middle school some time ago; now she’s back and more ready than ever to start teaching Senior English and Journalism. Mrs. Comer started out teaching at Shannon for five years. After teaching at Shannon Mrs. Comer worked at Dorsey for fourteen years, the longest place she worked. It is here where she taught middle school grades seventh and eighth, and this is where I met her. Mrs. Comer is great friends with my aunt who also taught at Dorsey. 

Mrs. Comer is now a high school teacher and is now back to her roots. Mrs. Comer is obviously not new to teaching having taught for twenty years. When asked if she liked the new change she said, “yes, and the staff and kids are very friendly.” When asked what she was most excited about this upcoming year she said, “I’m excited about being in a high school setting, including the pep rallies, graduation, and homecoming.”  Finally I asked if she had a class motto and she had to think, “I think my class motto would be ‘Do what you’re supposed to do and act how you’re supposed to act and you’ll be fine.’” 

In the end Mrs. Comer is ready for her new beginning, and that new beginning is at Mooreville. We hope to see Mrs. Comer happy with her new job and thrive here. Thank you for joining our staff Mrs. Comer!

Staff Writer, Leigh Strickland

One thought on “News & Announcements

• February 18, 2022 at 1:36 pm
    Permalink

Great article, Rock!! I agree that Mooreville High School is the best in Lee County!

Reply