News & Announcements

MHS Teacher of Year!

Teachers look forward to this time of the year where they go in and vote for a teacher to get the title of Teacher of the Year.  It is an honor to be recognized by their fellow colleagues.  This is the time of the year that they will be voting on who is the most deserving teacher to receive the Teacher of the Year title! Teacher of the Year is voted on by all of the teachers and staff at the high school. Mr. Lindsey and Mr. Long sent the list of the eligible teachers via email, and then everyone submitted their vote that way. The one with the most votes gets the title of MHS Teacher of the Year! After the email was sent out with the eligible teachers, that was the time to see who would be the 2022 teacher of the year at Mooreville High School! After the results came in, Mr. Lindsey announced Coach Chaney the Teacher of the Year at MHS! 

Coach Chaney took a new position this year as a self-contained teacher. He has enjoyed every minute of it! I asked Coach Chaney about when Mr. Bryant approached him regarding the new position and what were some things that he wanted to do to make Mooreville better. He stated, “I have made it a personal goal to advocate for the things I am involved in here at MHS. From XC and track to Special Education, I strive to improve each as much as possible. The overall Special Olympics experience has probably been the thing I have strived to improve the most though.” Coach Chaney has been in education for nine years, eight of them as an inclusion teacher. Coach Chaney wants the kids to accomplish and learn new things through the community-based approach that we have been blessed to have within our community. These experiences give them new learning opportunities while meeting new people and interacting with their classmates in a different environment. Coach Chaney says,“I could’ve not done it without our community and the best administration.” Congratulations, Coach Chaney! 

Staff Writer: Rock Cummings

One thought on “News & Announcements

• February 18, 2022 at 1:36 pm
    Permalink

Great article, Rock!! I agree that Mooreville High School is the best in Lee County!

Reply