Must See Christmas Movies

The Christmas holidays come with many fun things, but one of my favorite things is to watch Christmas movies. Here are some of my favorites that you should definitely watch this year.

First, we have Dr. Suess’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  Jim Carrey plays the Grinch that hates all things Christmas, and Cindy Lou Who tries to change his mind. My favorite part is definitely when Cindy Lou Who talks to the people that raised the Grinch, and it shows him as a baby. Baby Grinch is so cute! 

Next, there is The Polar Express that is about a little kid that goes to the North Pole on a train. He makes some freinds and they try to get through the long journey north. This movie kind of scared me as a little kid because the animation is so weird. I love the part where the hot chocolate people come and sing that song. 

Christmas With the Kranks is also a great movie. It is such a great comedy. It has Jamie Lee Curtis and Tim Allen, and they play two parents whose kid has finally gone off to college. They plan to spend their Christmas on a cruise, but those plans are interrupted when their neighbors and daughter are determined to have a festive Christmas. This one’s a movie I didn’t grow up with, but I still love it.

Another great comedy is Deck the Halls. It has Danny Devito and Matthew Broderick in it who are two opposing neighbors trying to compete against each other. This movie is hilarious and is definitely one of my favorites. 

Elf is another great movie I’ve grown up with over the years. Will Ferrell plays Buddy the elf who was accidentally transported to the North Pole as a baby. He finds this out after years of being an elf and decides to venture to New York City to meet his dad.  This is my mom’s favorite movie ever. She had it on Blu-Ray and DVD, and we watch probably five times every year. Sometimes, I act like I’m sick of this movie just because I’ve seen it so much, but it really is a good, funny movie. 

A Christmas Story is another classic that follows a kid named Ralphie who is having some struggles this year. I have so many memories of being little and opening my Santa gifts, and this was playing in the background. There’s some channel that plays it 24/7 on Christmas Eve and day, so I always see this movie during Christmas. 

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is another great Christmas movie to get you in the holiday spirit. Made in 1989, this is about Clark Griswold, who really wants a perfect Christmas with his family, but it doesn’t go so well. Again, we watch this about five times a year but it’s still great. My favorite part is when there’s a squirrel in the tree, and everyone freaks out. 

The Santa Claus movies are a great series if you’re looking for something to binge watch. These movies follow a guy that accidentally becomes Santa and figures out The North Pole and elves are real. He struggles keeping up with normal life and his life as Santa. 

That sums up my list of great Christmas movies. You should check these out if you want some Christmas fun this holiday season. 

Staff Writer, Molly Murray