Sports: 2022-2023

Every Arrow Matters

What is archery to you? To coach Hayden Gordon archery is “A great sport that does not discriminate. It has an individual aspect, while also being a team sport. There is no way around it in archery, your score is your score. Every arrow matters.“ After asking Coach Gordon some questions about archery, my view on this sport has expanded greatly. The goal of this sport is to be competitive because everyone they compete against has the same number of attempts and arrows. The most important thing in this sport is consistency and finding your routine, Gordon says, “Everyone is different, just like every archer is different. Consistency in shooting is what separates an average shooter and a great shooter.“ The archery team lost some good shooters last year, but now there are younger students filling in their spots, ”I feel like there is a chance we can improve,“ he says. I also asked him what the best thing about archery is to him, to which coach Gordon said, “You get what you put into it. After it’s all said and done, your score is your score.“

One thought on “Sports: 2022-2023

• February 7, 2022 at 2:09 pm
    Permalink

Thank you for this well-written article about my powerlifting team. It’s been a pleasure coaching these young ladies and seeing them achieve their goals of becoming stronger. I am so very proud of them all!!!

Reply