The Staff says…

Sip or Dip

My name is Hannah Harmon and I have a love for loaded teas. My series “Sip or Dip” will be a review of a new loaded tea flavor that I try whenever I get a tea. “Sip” meaning I will order it again in the future or “dip” basically saying I will not try it again. I will provide the name of the tea, what is in the tea, and rate it out of ten. This is a great way for me to try new teas while giving you an honest overview of the tea.

Watercolor PNG Loaded Tea Design Bundle Download File – Sprinkled Ink
  • “Black Pearl” – Sip!

The first tea I am reviewing is the black pearl, I have had this tea three times. The first time I got it, I got it the regular way it came but the second time I asked for extra blue blast topper. (A topper is a powder they sprinkle after they make the tea to add more flavor I guess.) I love this tea because it is very tarte and flavorful. 10/10

• “Captain America” – Sip!

If you have not ever tried this, it is a good one to try. It is tarte and tastes like blue sour candy. It has pomberry lift off, raspberry, cranberry aloe, blue blast. I love how sour it is and I love blue raspberry flavored stuff. I rate this one a 8/10. 

• “Steel Magnolia” – Sip!

This is a specialty tea that consists of pomegranate lift off, peach tea, beauty boost, strawberry, pineapple, cranberry aloe. After you mix it all up, it is a peachy color. I LOVE this tea because of all the flavors, it is more of a sweeter tea and less tarte. I give it a 9.5/10 even though it is NINE dollars.

Pictured above is my mom the day she suprised me with a “Steel Magnolia” tea.

• “Pixie Stick” – Dip!

First dip of the column! This tea is pretty self explanatory, it tastes just like a pixie stick. It is blue and purple. The tea is tarte and sweet all at the same time. I am not a big fan of the taste for some reason, I think it might be the flavors it consist of. It has pomogramite lift off, raspberry tea, strawberry, watermelon, and blue raspberry flavor, and aloe. I have gotten this tea once and I will not get it again. 3/10

• “Outerbanks” – Sip!

This tea reminds me of strawberry lemonade. It is really sweet but the aftertaste is a little tarte. It is made of raspberry tea, orange lift off, pineapple, tropical fruit, and cranberry aloe. I love the sweet flavors in this tea and I definitely recommend it. 8.5/10

Yesterday I got a “Black Pearl” before I went to tumbling. I guess I am a little supersticious because I get a loaded tea every Wednesday before I go to tumbling. Anyways, I did not get the extra blue this time and I could definitely tell a difference. It was way less tarte than I prefer. As you see I have a monagrammed tea coozie because my addiction is real. Plus the teas always sweat after awhile and it is nice to have something around the cup.

Last week I tried a new tea shop called “East Main Nutrition”. It is located across from the old Fred’s on East Main street. My friend, Carrlee Rae Collins started working there, so I wanted to go check it out. I got a “Black Pearl” and it was really good. It was special because my good friend made it for me. I will definitely be going back because the shop is cute. Also, it is convenient for me especially between school and work. 

Skip to toolbar